Monday, November 19, 2007

Bulls stink it up in LA

The sixth debut album from an American Idol winner drops this coming Tuesday, but the self titled Jordin Sparks has already leaked on to the internet (11/13 tracks at least). I’ve given the whole thing a listen and I actually expected the album to be worse. Most of the tracks are generic pop and pop rock ballads that are straight out of 1999 with a few slightly pretentious R&B up tempos. Most of the songs are decent but some of the tracks are just straight up terrible, like “Shy Boy” and “See My Side”. I’ll leave a full review up to Tiffany, cause that’s what she does.

So will Jordin become a Carrie or Ruben? Or perhaps somewhere in between? The childish and still bitter side of me wants her to flop miserably. Anyhoo, in the meantime check out these three tracks from the album, which I think are the best:

Freeze
I’m quite fond of this song; this and “No Air” are probably my favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home