Monday, November 19, 2007

Bulls walk that way

Yes, I’m back and recapping American Band after a week off. I’m sure the five people watching, well mainly the .5 people who actually read this column missed it, so I apologize to you. Light of Doom kicked things off (yes, they made through another week) with “Jail House Rock”. This was an epic FAIL in my book; the metal sound just doesn’t mix with old school rock & roll. Thankfully the Clarks Brothers were up next singing “Saved”, and it was darn good. The judges are right when they say they put a TON of passion in everything they sing, and extra credit to Ashley (I think it was him?) because that boy PLAYED that fiddle like it was nobodies business!

Last week I really liked what Dot Dot Dot did with their Billy Joel song, that was good stuff, I’d DL it. And I wasn’t as in love with their rendition of “Love Potion #9″ but they did a good job of updating it. Cliff Wagner didn’t sound bluegrass while singing “Poison Ivy”. And every time Mile High makes it through I groan, but as soon as they start to sing I just kinda sorta enjoy it. Yeah they’re a wedding band but a pretty good one. The lead singer is just so vanilla though.

Almost forgot about Sixwire! I forgot the name of the song they sang but I didn’t like how it sounded “countrified”. That whole performance just lacked spark anyways though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home