Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Word Up, Bulldog

3. "24-Hour Basketball"
Lastly, I went to the third guy on the sideline, expecting the same reaction. (Somehow there were only 3 people on the sideline, but at least 11 people were already in line to play ahead of me. There must be another court somewhere that I don't know about, where they are warming up.) This guy was about 5'5", Caucasian with glasses and a brand new pair of Jordan's as well. Before I could even say anything he was like, "Yo, what's up dog? What's really good? How you livin'? You down for this street ball shit, and shit?" I think I understood what he meant so I said, "Yes." He said, "Good man, the name's Bulldog, you better be ready to ball player, you gotta earn your keep on these streets, this ain't no NCAA shit." I said, "Ok, I'll try my best, I…" He interrupted me with, "I'm serious homie, the top ballerz from the west coast play here. See that guy in the green Celtics shorts? He used to be on the practice squad for the And 1 Streetball team before he got in a fight with Skip-To-My-Lou and got kicked off the bus. That guy in the purple shorts and Kangol bucket hat? He played the star player of one of the opposing teams in He Got Game and got into the Screen Actors Guild because of it. The guy with the S-curl? He once was in a Bud Light commercial that aired during the NBA Finals…twice. And me? Shiiiiitt. I just been running these courts, hustlin' fo my cheddar for about 4 years now. That's why they callz me Bulldog son." I asked him, "Wait a minute. You seriously make your money playing basketball here?" He responded, "Yeah man, I'm in the game…and…well…uhh…plus, my dad is a big exec at one of the studios so he throws me some cash from time to time, but other than that man, I'm a straight hu$tla." Damn. It seemed I had a lot to learn from Bulldog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home