Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kirk Hinrich enshrined at Burger King

In the west loop, there's this one Burger King. It's where they serve Whoppers (except for that one time, on that one prank-style commercial). Well, guess what? It's the place where Kirk Hinrich has become king. (Cool tie-in, right?)

You know what else? Kirk Hinrich gave a speech there yesterday, wearing one of those cool cardboard crowns. He said, "Today, I consider myself one of the luckiest men in the world. This mural of me, painted with spray paint on the back wall, just before you get to the pay restrooms, is the most beautifulest thing I ever did see. You know, coming from Iowa, a lot of people would have never imagined that I could be painted on a Burger King wall, near the bathrooms...but it happened...today...and that's what luck is in my book."

Former Bulls Coach Scott Skiles was the only member, or former member, of the Bulls organization who showed up. When reached for comment, Bulls GM John Paxson said, "What the fuck?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home